Stop struggling and start playing!
Starting when you were little, you were taught to set goals and give 110% towards achieving them. But, as you got older and added work, a partner, and children into the mix, you started to take on more responsibilities and now it feels like you’re juggling too much. You’re so busy trying to be what you “should” be that life doesn’t feel fun or exciting anymore.
Some days, you feel so exhausted and overwhelmed that you don’t want to get out of bed. But you do. Mostly because people are counting on you and you’ll feel guilty if you don’t.
But, enough’s enough! This is not how you want to spend the rest of your life!
And, the good news is, that you don’t have to. It’s time to reconnect with who YOU really are and want to be. You’re ready to unplug from your phone and the apps you use to numb yourself. You want to kick ass at a job you love, laugh and play more with your kids, and go out for date nights with your partner or happy hour with your friends, while still having enough energy (and time!) to take care of YOU.
You can do it and I can help. Let’s create a life you’re excited to live!
Who I work with
Looking around I see so many people struggling to juggle all their responsibilities while rarely giving themselves permission to slow down and just enjoy life. My clients are:
- Telling themselves: “I should be happy but I’m not and I don’t really know why.”
- Overwhelmed because they just can’t “do it all” but feel like they can’t say no to others.
- Exhausted because they feel the weight of the world and their relationships on their shoulders but feel guilty asking for help.
- Frustrated that they haven’t achieved the life they imagined for themselves but don’t know where to start to make changes..
- Sad because, no matter how much they try and do, they still feel that they aren’t “good enough” (or smart enough or pretty enough or fill-in-the-blank enough).
They’re their own worst critic when they need to be their own best friend.
I totally get this because this is EXACTLY how I felt for so long. Despite all my professional training, despite practicing yoga and reading self-improvement books, my inner critic always seemed to take pleasure in popping up with her disapproving, belittling voice when I least needed to hear it.
She got so loud, I gave her a name. I call her Marcia (as in “Marcia, Marcia, Marcia” from the Brady Bunch: the perfect, popular older sister.) As a little girl, people used to mispronounce my name all the time and call me Marcia. I hated it!. My inner Marcia’s your stereotypical mean girl. And, don’t get me wrong, she’s still in there. But, now I have a toolbox of strategies (and an inner mentor I’ve named “Marisa, the Magnificent”) that I can turn to when I’m having a bad day. I still hear Marcia’s judgy, critical voice but now I don’t take her bullying as personally or let her beat me down.
What we do together
You’ve heard about living a balanced life. But you don’t really know what that looks like or how to achieve it.
I’ll help you sort through the messages and rules you were taught about what life “should” be like and begin identifying what feels good for YOU. I’ll share with you my favorite tools that I’ve collected and developed in over a decade of professional experience, working with hundreds of women and families. And I’ll help you create a toolkit that works for you.
Get rid of the comparisonitis and start living your life the way you want to be living it.
- Quiet your inner critic and treat yourself with the same kindness and compassion you show others. You are good enough just as you are!
- Trust that it’s all going to be OK even if it feels like you “messed up” (all make mistakes)!
- Feel calmer and more in-control even when life starts getting chaotic and you know the sh*t’s about to hit the fan!
- Shut out the haters and naysayers and connect more with the people who matter most to you!
- Quit feeling guilty about prioritizing yourself and saying no!
- Start feeling more comfortable reaching out for help and support when you need it (trust me, you are not alone)!
There is only one you on this planet. You’ve done an incredible job taking care of everyone and everything else. Now it’s time to start taking better care of yourself so you can see how truly badass and inspiring you are and how awesome and exciting your life can be!
Ready to get started?
My packages incorporate elements that I’ve learned through my experience and training in yoga, coaching, and counseling. I provide the accountability and encouragement so you can find a balance between the emotional and rational parts of yourself and connect deeper with the person you want to be!
Find the Fun: Your personalized plan for reducing stress and loving life
In this 1-month intensive, I’ll help you find the elements of fun in all that you do and we’ll create an action plan so you can start implementing them! You’ll also get email support and additional resources from me to help you stay focused and encouraged. You can’t always control the chaos but, with this plan in place, you’ll have tools to help you stay calm and in control even on the most difficult of days.
For You Yoga
Looking for help starting your yoga practice or building on an existing one? I love creating personalized yoga videos that help my clients feel confident and comfortable on their mats. This package includes a 1-on-1 call session where we’ll talk about what your goals are (weight loss, flexibility, stress-relief, etc) and then I create and send you made-for-you yoga videos to your inbox! Plus, I’m just an email away if you need any adjustments made or to help you stay motivated and supported.